Human body is made up of many tissues and organs. They number in millions. The cells are organized uniquely and functioning dynamically together. Their complexities can be understood better when it is closely scanned. In anatomy, the human body is classified into eight systems: the skeleton, the muscles, the circulatory and preparatory systems, the digestive system, the urinary system, the glandular system, the nervous system, and the skin. Here are some interesting facts about magical human body.
25 Crazy Facts About Human Body
- 1. The four taste zones on your tongue include bitter (back), sour (back side), salty (front sides) and sweet (front)
2. One uses 14 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
3. The strongest muscle of the body is masseter muscle, which is located in jaw.
4. Most people shed 20 kg of skin in a lifetime.
5. An eye lash lives about 150 days before it falls out.
6. Our brain sends message at the rate of 375 kmph.
7. About 400 gallons of blood flow through our kidneys in one day.
8. Each of our eyes has 120 M rods, which help us see black and white.
9. Each eye has 6M cones, which help us see in color.
10. We blink our eyes about 20,000 times a day.
11. Our heart beat about 100,000 times a day.
12. The average human brain has about 100 billion nerve cells.
13. The thyroid cartilage is more commonly known as the Adam’s Apple.
14. It’s impossible to sneeze with open eyes.
15. Babies are born without knee cap. They don’t appear till at the age of 2-6 years.
16. Children grow faster in the spring season.
17. Women blink twice as much as men.
18. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
19. Hair is made of the same substance as fingernails.
20. The nose can remember 50,000 scents.
21. A finger nails takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip.
22. The energy used by brain enough to light a 25 watt bulb.
23. We get new stomach lining every 3-4 days. If we didn’t, the strong acids our stomach uses to digest food would also digest our stomach.
24. A pair of feet has 500,000 sweat glands.
25. Each square inch of human skin consists of 600 cm of blood vessels.